If you are going to spend a lot of money on a new vehicle for your business, you want it to be safe. Owning a business is risky and the safety of yourself and your employees should be the top priority. You also have to think about insuring your vehicle.
Finding one with a lot of standard and optional safety features can save you money in the long term. If you are looking for a new vehicle with a lot of safety features, look at the Dodge Sprinter cargo van. Here are some of the many security features you can get:
* Electronic Stability Program (ESP) – Accurately enough, this system does have ESP when it comes to braking and control of the cargo van. It works by calculating the direction you want to go by the steering angle and speed. Sensors inform the system if the van is not moving in the intended direction. The ESP then corrects the problem by applying the brakes to the necessary wheels to achieve the right direction. It also intuits the weight of your cargo when correcting your direction. This is helpful in sketchy weather or slick roads.
* Load Adaptive Control (LAC) – This is essential for a cargo van because the whole point of the vehicle is to carry goods or equipment. The Dodge Sprinter has the ability to figure in the new weight and center of gravity each time you load up. This sensor allows for safer braking of the vehicle.
* Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM) – The LAC determines your center of gravity and the ERM puts it into play when you are taking corners or sharp curves. The Dodge Sprinter is tall and top heavy, but the ERM sensor allows the vehicle to maintain its balance. It does this by reducing the engine torque and by selectively applying the brakes to the necessary wheels to keep the vehicle upright.
* Air bags – Every car has air bags these days and the Dodge Sprinter is no different. If you want, you can also add side curtain airbags and thorax airbags which deploy from the outer cushion of the front seats. When the airbags are activated, the windows automatically roll down and the doors unlock so exiting the vehicle is not hindered.
* High-Intensity Discharge lighting – This lighting system is an upgrade of the standard halogen headlights. For additional safety, a corner lighting system is employed when taking curves and turning faster than 43 mph. It lights up the dark corners making the turns safer.
* Rear Park Assist System – This is sensor that detects obstacles behind the vehicle. If something is behind the van, a sound and a visual alert are activated to warn the driver to stop.
These are just some of the basic safety measures the Dodge Sprinter cargo van has to offer and nothing is more important than safety. You, your employees and your cargo are the backbone of your business.
By trusting in the safety of a Dodge Sprinter cargo van, you are putting the essence of your business first. If something happened to any one of the backbone components, it could be the end of your business. Safety is the best investment you can make in your business.